Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Fresh Look! Bella!!!!

February 11, 2013

Jeremy and I were so blessed today! We received a update of information on Miss Bella.
We were able to send in a request because her referral information was over one year old. We had no idea how long it would take, like all things, but God always seems to push it right through....26 days! Because I can't wait another second to show you that our baby girl now looks like a big girl........... Here she is!!!


I have wondered every single day what she would look like a whole year older. Doesn't she look like a 2 year old now? I was so pleasantly surprised of course!

The report was great. The last 9 months she has started to thrive forward. That is because she has a Mommy, Daddy, and brother now, a church family and hundreds of people praying for her. It is powerful!!!! Life changing!! Look at her face and you tell me than God does not have a mighty plan for her life and working it out!

She is walking now "FAST" they said. She is now with a living group so that's super that she is able to "live" with other children now for social interactions and it tells me that she is strong enough! They said that she was eating soft and crunchy foods and that she still was on formula 3 to 4 times a day. She is now up to 22lbs and I am thrilled but after putting her measurements into a chart for children's clothes sizes it still put her in a 9 to 12 months for her height and weight? That is still so small to me! 

She doesn't get sick easily and has not been. Thank you Jesus!
Her heart was not mentioned at all and that disappointed me but through all my learning with my "heart to heart moms" I figured that if her repairs were not holding up well then she would have been having issues with bronchitis and or phenomena. So I am taking that as a good sign! They told us that her eye sight doesn't seem to be any different from the other children but she would NOT corporate for her eye exam. So as for the clarity they were unsure. She is not talking very much, they shared that she can say momma, good-bye momma and auntie in Chinese but that was pretty much it. Even though she doesn't talk much they say she understands everything and know each child's name in her group. At the end they put that she will push chairs and pull down everything that her nannies clean up. They called her "mischievous and naughty!" I thought "they have to be lying on my baby!" Then I opened the next picture and had to laugh! Oh well guess they'er not! Well that's just fine if she has some fight and strong will!!! That's why she has made it through! She'll our "naughty" girl! Ha Ha....

Doen'st she look like she has a big plan just as soon as she finds a way to get out of that gate? LOL.....

We did have just one small report that we were not excepting. She had a CT done back in June and it has some information that is a little puzzling to us . We were not aware of anything found in her brain before on her original referral but doctors are suggesting MRI and something about a "white mass"? I do not accept any truths about anything until she is in my arms, at our doctors, looking and reading new tests but I still ask for special pray over this. She is our daughter and we will face what ever we must together as a family.

My prayer is that God continues to protect her when I can't get there any faster than when I can!! 

Please continue to pray for our sweet daughter. Pray her all the way home to Louisiana!! We still have so much to accomplish before stepping onto that plane. Thank you to each of you that has prayed for her and for us this far. And thank you from my whole heart for being concerned with our little girl. I know that she is very special to many!

My daughter .....beautiful with imperfections, true happiness within, and clarity without delays!! 
Bella   Xin  KaLare






3 comments:

  1. She is absolutely precious! Size is relative, of course, but 22 lbs at 24 months for a Chinese institutionalized child is well within the realm of normal. Our youngest son hit 22 lbs. just a couple of months ago at almost 3 years of age, and although he is petite, he does not look at all malnourished. Bella looks great to me! And you are right not to worry about them not mentioning her heart. An ASD patch is a full repair. I have yet to hear of any child needing to have any revision of a routine repair such as that. What a blessing that she received her surgery so young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There!

    Ive just read your story on 28 days of Hearts and WOW it seems we have alot in common. We too looked at a little girl named Sasha as a possibility but chose a little girl from China who has some similar medical issues. Im wondering if we arent using the same agency as well?? Our log in date was also January 15th and we also received additional information on our China peanut in record time. Wouldnt it be so interesting if we were in China at the same time too! Funny how these things work out.
    Thanks

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh.. and one more thing... we too have become discouraged by the negative reaction of family members... including an individual who works within the foster care and adoption community in the US. Some of the comments made have caused permanant damage to said relationships. Some say that the attitudes will be different once she gets here.. but I dunno. I do know that I am already fiercely defensive about her. I would hate to have to close relationships but will do whatever is necessary for her well being. Thats what moms ( and dads) do.

    Thanks Again
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete