Sunday, August 17, 2014

August 14, 2014 Bella's left eye surgery

Hospital at 7 am in pj's waiting ....in hand her favorite new companion and friend "paca"!! story behind that....Chris in our youth was loving enough to think of her while in Peru a few weeks ago on a mission trip. I think she is always in his heart. It is the softest think you would ever touch, a bear made from alpaca fur. She loves snuggling with it every time she gets tried.
                                                                    Bella and BABA

They finally called us back and brought Bella some yummy "happy juice" the nurse called it and I think this was to make her feel like she really didn't mind what they did or where they were taking her off too. Everything was funny to her and slowwwww....

I brought along a music box that my mother bought for "my future daughter" long time ago, even before Peyton was born. It a sleeping baby in a pink bunny suit inside a real baby shoe. It plays a lullaby and we brought it last summer with us for her first eye surgery. She had never seen it at the time and seemed to love it. She would kiss it over and over and mother seemed to be pleased that it came from her and it was a hit. It was hard for me to be there all over again repeating what we had done together such a short time ago and now she was gone and couldn't be there . But she really always is there.... I brought it for Bella and for mother. Bella asks every time I go into her room for me to take it off her shelf so she can give "baby" a kiss, so she was excited to see me pull it out after she was given her meds so it could play music for her. It's special!
Not long before they came to take her and we all moved out into the full family waiting room. It always feels like forever when your baby is out if your reach. We are so happy we are able to have a repair surgery available but  it's almost like holding your breath because someone else is doing it. TRUST GOD!!! TRUST GOD!!


We are anxiously waiting on the word that they are done almost 2 hrs in!!!



They FINALLY came out and called for us and the DR came to tell us all he did and that all went as he would have hoped! We could see her after they got her a little woken up!
We went back and before I saw which bed she was in I could hear her crying. I could not speak fast enough for her to hear my voice and know that her family was near again and she would be just fine. The sense regained to her that she had not been left is so important and overwhelming.
She stopped crying right then and put her tiny arm around my neck and said " I love you mommy"! My heart was full and my eye filled with tears because I loved her but now she loved me back! Last go around I could not comfort her and she didn't seek that from me, she did not love me yet and that was hard. We have came such a long long way in a year and I am thankful and blessed.










No comments:

Post a Comment