Thursday, November 8, 2012

My first Confirmation

June 22nd, Friday night we went over to our new pastors home for pizza and share our heart about adopting. We needed to have our Christian families support for sure. They asked us questions and prayed with us. Saturday we just seemed to pass the time, we knew we didn’t have many more hours left. Sunday morning will be here at sun rise. Oh… the last day to make our final decision. So we were still able to breathe at this point we were not yet committed and we were just going to watch a good ole’ movie to get lost for a few hours late Sat. night (23rd) It was almost 10 pm and the phone rings. My BFF? What would she be calling this late for her, she’s the early riser. She goes on the let me that her and her hubby had a date night and they were just getting in and then she asked a weird o question! Is Jeremy there? YES WHY? Well we just wanted to tell yall something really quick can you put it on speaker phone? Jeremy pressed speaker and I heard Wes say,” Guess what?” I started screaming crying “she s pregnant!” YUP!! I weep as if I had lost something. I had; all uncertainty! All my doubt and fears where gone. I knew in that moment that it was the perfect time. See we had our sons only eight months apart and even thought we had lived in two separate countries at the time. We were best friends and from the age of two and three years old our boys have been inseparable. They do everything together. For the past five years our plan has been to have our second children together and to share even more than the first time. Baby showers, nursery décor, baby names and shopping. She had been the phone call each and every time I was one day late, every pregnant stick tested and each tear of disappointment.  This was such a sweet gift to us, now she was having a baby and so were we, neither of us would be left out. The timing was to perfect her finding out the same weekend that we had to say yes to Jiang‘s referral.  
The confirmation in my heart, thanks Carla for being that special person I will always get to share my life journeys with such similarities. It continues to bond our awesome friendship in such a strong bond being on the same page in life. Can't wait for our children to be in our lives!

I love you with all my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment