Monday, May 27, 2013

GOTCHA DAY!!!!

May 27, 2013 Xin Qian 's Gotcha Day

We were up so early.....meeting time at 9am and we were down for breakfast at 6:01!
We were trying so hard to be patience. 
 
We took a taxi with our guide to the civil service office about 15 mins away. We were brought into a office to sign papers and talk to Mrs. Loo ( not sure how to spell) We signed custody papers and have a trial run for 24 hrs just in case we change our minds. YEA RIGHT!!!
Almost finished with papers and Peyton has to go to the bathroom of course , the guide takes him and we start to hear screaming ! Peyton runs down the hall " MOM, DAD, I JUST SAW MY BABY SISTER AND SHE IT SO MUCH MORE BEAUTIFUL THAT I THOUGHT"
At that point me or Jeremy wanted to finish any reading or signing. The head social worker told us she would be right back in with our daughter. We went running for cameras! And then, in she is carried by her nanny.


 She did not even want to look at me.....Bless her heart I know she knew something was so planned and she just wanted to GO!






Needless to say this is the last photo taken. Someone said something to her nanny and she just handed her to me and walked out. Oh she was so upset. She kicked and screamed and threw herself around. Even though in my heart I knew that this, to, shall pass , I could do nothing for my baby girl accept just be there. Jeremy took her very soon and walked her down the hall while I received gifts from the orphanage. ( photo album they made of her GLAMOROUS, formula, diapers, special gift for her when she is older, and her schedule. ) I was able to give our gifts to the head office worker from the orphanage, her nanny and the social worker. We left for the hotel and yes she was still screaming in daddy's arms. Walking to the elevator Jeremy went all to pieces for a few seconds as he said " Oh babe I just love her so much"!! I knew that his heart was breaking for her. He would just say to her over and over "I promise you will be so happy"!


We said good bye to our guide after getting our plans down for tomorrow to go back for final paper work and her telling me that the nanny said she had high fever last week but is better. She sounds so rattled and congested. We knew that we needed to just focus on her and have everything still and calm.   


BaBa was the comforter, she didn't want any part of Mamma. She cried for at least an hour and a half. I honestly did feel a little like WAIT I AM THE MOMMY HERE! So I kindly asked Jeremy to bring her to me on the bed. I knew that I just need to hold her close and for God to tell her heart that I too loved her and wasn't the bad lady that took her away. I rubbed her legs and sang to her, with Dad right close and soon she stopped crying. I think she just couldn't anymore.


She went back to daddy for some snacks .....




Yup all ten toes even though two are connected. We feel two separate bones inside so that's good!
Back for a little snuggles with momma and soon she was fast asleep. Thank you Lord! Bring rest and comfort to her.  It was an awesome feeling for her to finally lay down on my chest willingly! I felt accepted.


Peyton got his first love and kisses in while she was asleep. He said " She is as beautiful as the sunrise". Oh our romantic. but he meant it with all his heart and I agree with him.

And so she is finally now in the arms of her family and healing has begun in this moment.


6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful thing to wake up to, LaKasha!
    Congratulations!!!! She is truly beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! She is utterly gorgeous. It's okay that she connects with Dad a little more at first. Many kids do. My daughter called me "Ayi" for weeks and I felt like I was just another caregiver. But that changed. One thing that helps is to be the only one (or your husband) who does anything for her, feeding, changing, bathroom, etc. She truly is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! I have tears of joy for all of you just running down my face right now!!! Praise God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! This was very touching to read. Praying for a smooth and comforting transition for your new baby girl. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for y'all!!! Can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Words or so hard to come to me right this moment. Dad and I had wonderful tears flowing down our face Happiness in our hearts has well has our love of the hour upon each of you.... from this point forward cannot get anything but better for ya'll and her.... We are so very bless having her in our family to love and care for her... OUR PRAYERS continue to cover each of you... and may the HEALING process continue for all FOUR of you...I pray for the hearts to heal has one complete family from this day forward... and I certainly pray for Bella's congestion that she has had... to get nothing but better and happier every hour this hour forward.. Remember you were chosen from God to be . Love you all and so very proud of each you... Give God the Glory always Mother and Dad and Papa and Khaki.. Give her a kiss for me.. I MISS YA'LL so very much.. Tell Peyton and Jeremey and Bell Khaki loves them so very much... Kiss Bella Kalare from Khaki always.. in prayer has always.. Mom

    ReplyDelete